Sick!!!

Sorry for not posting recently. Mummy's been busy with her work and Daddy's been "flying" around. And I been busy making pawrents worry for me :(

Well, I'm sick lately. In fact, I was having loose stools for the 2 weeks. On top of having loose stools, I had 2 bout of seizures. Seizure is a very scary thing, I would just suddenly loss all my motor controls and cramp up. During the seizure, I would also "scream". During the seizure, pawrents would cuddle me and comfort me to ensure that I will not hurt myself.

We've been to the vet but she was unable to pin point what was the actual cause of my seizure. Seizure can be caused reactively by other organs problems, but my blood test rules that out. Thus the vet suggest that we do a CT scan to determine if there is any tumors or lesions in the brain that is causing the seizure. This is secondary seizure. If there is no tumors or lesions, then I will be treated as having idiopathic epilepsy i.e the cause of seizure is unknown.

To determine what is wrong with me, pawrents will be bringing me to seek a second opinion before we decide the next course of action.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying all the yummy home cooked food prepared by Mummy and all the attention that they are showering on me :)

Here are some links on canine seizure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy_in_animals
http://dogs.about.com/od/caninediseases/p/seizures.htm
http://www.essortment.com/all/seizuresdogsca_rfmm.htm
http://www.purelypets.com/articles/epilepsyarticle.htm

4 comments:

JD and Max said...

Hi Cobi, we're really sorry to hear that you've been sick and we're just pleased that you have such lovely pawrents who are looking after you so well. At least you're getting really yummy food to help you feel better! But we wish there was something we could do to help.

Hey, we just wanted to say that we LOVE our new toys that you got us - our penguin with the squeakers is SO much fun (the humans haven't let us have the turtle yet!) it's our favourite toy at the moment, we go nuts for the squeaky balls!

Hey, would you ask your pawrents to 'like' our facebook page 'cos then they'll be able to get in touch with you!!

We hope you find out what's causing your sickies very soon and we're sending all our healing schnauzer vibes your way! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

May 23, 2010 at 2:14 AM  
DoMoFi said...

Get well soon Cobi ^^

May 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Get well soon, Cobi! Ebi will be awaiting to meet & play with you again on the next outing. =)

Emma's sick recently too. Initially diagonsed as seizure (different symtoms) was later diagnosed as anxiety (moving house/new environment) after blood tests, xrays & checkups all cleared. Read up alot on the website & yes - symtoms were similar.. she would be back to normal once she's calmed down enough. The dogs are enjoying home cooked food now too.. hehe^^

Don't worry Ade, we are sure the furkids will be fine, healthy, up & running very soon! *hugs*

Love,
Serene (Ebi & Emma)

May 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
Anonymous said...

dear cobi, speedy recovery! we all love you! ;)

dear cobi's papa and mama, your fur kid couldn't bear to see you worry for him everyday so i'm sure he will be fine real soon.

oh man... hope to see you soon cobi.. cos i want to squeeeeeeze you! hehe.

May 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM